Sun, Nov 19|
Peaks of Otter Visitor Center
Our *final* Hike+Yoga of 2023, at Johnson Farm (Peaks of Otter)
Time & Location
Nov 19, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Peaks of Otter Visitor Center, 85919 Blue Rdg Pkwy, Bedford, VA 24523, USA
About the event
Autumn is here and the trees are shedding their leaves. Ever think of how we celebrate them as they change color and fall to the ground, yet we often fail to find the same reverence for our own natural cycles? Nature mirrors us and teaches us so much with its simplicity and quiet confidence.
Join us for our *final* Hike+Yoga of 2023 as we travel mindfully into wild spaces and remember our connection to the natural world. This sweet loop trail and the historical Johnson farmhouse provide a rich setting for tuning in, listening to the messages from nature (and the messages from within), and settling into the peace of the wild.
This will be a guided trek, with thought prompts sprinkled throughout, and paired with a ~40min yoga practice on the grounds of the Johnson farmhouse. The farmhouse is now closed to the public for the season, but there will be time to tour the historical monument's many structures and beautiful grounds while you enjoy your snack.
This is a great way to build relationship with the natural world and to notice all the ways it speaks us. See you there!
- Trail: Johnson Farm Loop (2.6mi; 314ft gain; rated moderate). Click here for more info on the trail.
- Meet in the Peaks of Otter Visitor Center parking lot
- BYO yoga mat (best to strap it to your backpack), snacks, water
- Dress appropriately for the weather & terrain (ie. shoes with decent tread; season-appropriate layered *flexible* clothing; etc.)
- All new participants will sign a one-time waiver before we begin
- Suggested donation $20. Cash or Venmo @yogawithash.