Sun, Oct 22|
Peaks of Otter Visitor Center
Hike+Yoga at Peaks of Otter (Bedford, VA)
Time & Location
Oct 22, 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Peaks of Otter Visitor Center, 85919 Blue Rdg Pkwy, Bedford, VA 24523, USA
About the event
Autumn has arrived and the forests are changing. It’s a beautiful time to be outside. Join us as we travel mindfully into wild spaces and remember our connection to the natural world.
This sweet loop trail and the historical Johnson farmhouse provide a rich setting for tuning in, listening to the messages from nature, and settling into the peace of the wild. This will be a guided walk in the woods, with thought prompts sprinkled throughout, and paired with a yoga practice on the grounds of the Johnson farmhouse. There will be time for snacks & touring the historical monument. This is a great way to build relationship with the natural world and to notice all the ways it mirrors us. See you there!
- Trail: Johnson Farm Loop (2.6mi; 314ft gain; rated moderate)
- Meet in the Peaks of Otter Visitor Center parking lot
- BYO yoga mat (best to strap it to your backpack), snacks, water, sunscreen/bug spray
- Dress appropriately for the weather & terrain (ie. shoes with decent tread; layered clothing; etc.)
- Event will be weather permitting. An update will be sent out in the day(s) prior. Stay tuned.
- All participants will sign a waiver before we begin
- Suggested donation $20. Cash or Venmo @yogawithash.