Sun, Sep 17|
Mill Mountain Star Trailhead
Hike + Yoga at Mill Mountain
Time & Location
Sep 17, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Mill Mountain Star Trailhead, 1209-1269 Riverland Rd SE, Roanoke, VA 24014, USA
About the event
Mountains represent power, strength, stability, wisdom, and fortitude. Each time I climb a mountain, I feel deeply held & inspired. My own practice of hiking has brought me much peace, clarity, & balance, and pairing it with yoga really takes it to another level. So this is an open invitation to gather for a mindful, guided trek in the wilderness, to create connections in the community, to ground our spirits, & play! We’ll meet at the trailhead and make our way up Mill Mountain via the Monument, Big Sunny, & Star trails. At the Star, we’ll roll out our mats and enjoy an asana practice. There will be time to sightsee and have snacks before we complete the loop back to the trailhead.
Things to note:
- Mill Mountain Star Trailhead is located off Riverland Rd / Rt 116
- trail is rated as moderate; 5.2mi loop; 1,046 ft gain
- BYO mat (but message me if you don’t have one & I’ll make sure you’re covered)
- bring water, snacks, sunscreen, bug spray, etc.
- dress appropriate for the weather & terrain, & be honest with yourself about your physical ability before stepping on trail
- all participants will sign a waiver before we begin
- $20 suggested donation: Cash or Venmo @yogawithash